I have only taken one final yet this week, but my brain is already fragmented beyond repair. So all I really have to offer today are fragments. So, here they are.
- Last semester during exam week, I redid the design of this blog. This semester, I’m actually studying. As a person who never studied before, I am still trying to reconcile that particular activity to my soul. Yes, my soul. It is that drastic.
- A personal life crisis is the worst thing to have going into exam week. Well, okay, fine. It wasn’t a life crisis. Not really even close. But it’s been ripping at me for weeks and only recently decided to explode.
- I am starving. I should make pasta. Instead, I’d like to assuage this particular hunger by eating brown sugar cinnamon Pop-Tarts. Except that I ran out last week and there’s not a single box of them on campus because the convenience stores have stopped restocking. Which upsets me past the point that it should. But I suspect it’s because right now I’m stressed out about exams and the life crisis.
- I took my hardest exam today. I should be calm. And yet, my anxiety level is still shot through the roof.
- Bubble wrap is a beautiful thing. Ten feet of it is the eighth wonder of the modern world. The issue lies in realizing, less than twenty-four hours after you obtained said bubble wrap, that you have popped all but a foot. And because before this discovery, you were calm, your anxiety level shoots through the roof again and you begin popping more bubble wrap to help calm you down from this sudden spike of worry.
- Ultimate academic irony: Know all the material. Know you did well on your hardest exam. Misspell “with.” Start to write “their” when you should use “there.” Not that I would know that from personal experience. But if I did know that from personal experience, I would be very thankful that I caught both mistakes right away and didn’t explore the irony to its full potential.
- Seeing good friends from home on exam week is a good way to calm yourself down before the craziness of exam-taking begins. Two of my best friends came up to campus yesterday and I got to talk to them for an hour and a half. It was marvelous.
- I will be home this weekend. Whoa. Crazy. I think the first thing I’m going to do when I get home is annoy the living daylights out of my brother. Just kidding. I think the legit first thing I’m going to do when I get home is drag him to Taco Bell. And then make him play Halo or Call of Duty with me.
- “Blink” by Revive: good song.
- Carrie Underwood concert: amazing; pictures to follow soon.
- I’m still hungry. So I’m going to make pasta.
An fragmented update:
- I have a new cousin. His name is Jakson. I’m wondering why four out of my six little cousins have names ending with ‘n,’ but I think that’s something to ponder on a week that does not include exams. Just sayin.