so, a few weeks ago, my friend bailey posted a series of videos on her instagram story that she called “christmas tree confessions.”
shortly after she did this, i told her that i really wanted to follow suit, and given that it was still early november and my family’s tradition is to wait to put the tree up until the day after thanksgiving, my first confession was going to be, “i don’t actually have my christmas tree up.”
BUT. i never ended up doing that, it’s the first day of december, and my tree has been up since monday!
so here are some christmas tree confessions:
1. i did something highly uncharacteristic to my own nature and bought glitter tulle. you all. i have everything and anything against glitter, mostly because it lands everywhere and does NOT come out. but for the sake of a tree skirt, i bought glitter tulle and sacrificed my living room carpet, my clothes, my FACE, my inner peace to the cause.
(seriously i think i even got glitter in my eye at one point. MY EYE.)
2. the tree skirt situation is an elaborate sham. i don’t have one and this year i decided i was going to have one, but they were ridiculously overpriced on top of the fact that i didn’t like the options, so i bought a small bolt of red cotton and layered the aforementioned gold glitter tulle over it. i really like how it turned out!
(and yes it was worth every minute of frustration with the glitter. ahem. i’m beginning to understand the madness.)
3. i’m really confused by the concept of december. how are we here already? i really feel like it should still be october. this year has gone SO fast.
4. I AM GOING TO TEXAS AT THE END OF THE MONTH AND I CANNOT WAIT.
5. also uncharacteristic to my nature: i’ve been listening to christmas music before december 24, which reminded me that i’m looking for the best rendition of “carol of the bells” of which you know. i really like the barlowgirl version but it’s part of a medley and I’d like a version that’s only “carol of the bells.”
6. some of my students think my middle name is grinch. apparently i told them this last year? i have zero recollection of it if i did.
the best way to spread christmas cheer is by telling me YOUR christmas tree confessions in the comments. i’d love to catch up with y’all!